Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Thursday, October 23, 2014

Patched into the club, a celebration

A proud evening for me tonight, at the monthly meeting of the Meeulanders motorcycle club I got patched along with Gerrie and Johan. I've been a prospect for about three months and wasn't expecting to be patched so soon but as the President, Div., pointed out I have been riding with the club for a long time and was a member for a couple of years way back when the club was first started.
My old biker buddy Frank presented me with my patch which I really appreciated because he and I go back a long way and usually misbehave at the rallies together, here begins a new chapter; me as a club biker - I have always been a loner type but I must confess to a real sense of pride being a member of the club, maybe it's my age? Whatever it is I'm enjoying it and I'm fully adopting my new status, watch this space!
Two weeks time sees us heading for the Beaver Rally in Montagu so I'll tell you all about that one, the last time I went to a Beaver was in Heidelberg, quite a long way farther than Montagu and since my last rally was the Buff in Mosselbay I'm really looking forward to this one.
Stay safe and keep the faith and we'll talk again soon.

No comments: